2.03.2008

satisfying day

suddenly feel like writing

finally i feel that i have a satisfying day, just becuz i am in the practise room for enough hours

I got this email all of a sudden from my teacher last thursday:


Hi Yen-Lin,

Keep me informed on your application to U of NC. Good job in studio class today, and I look forward to hearing it again in music assembly.

I know I had a few words to say about Brahms and memorization today, but I believe that you can do it. You need to practice a lot, it needs to be your priority. Not only Brahms, but also Mozart and Bach. You have great opportunities in front of you with all these upcoming auditions, I would really like to see you do well.

-----------------

i must say i am very touched, ..i once thought my teacher has given up on me.
i dont know what i was thinking either, others normally had their pieces memorized like few months before audition and i am now starting to memorize....i almost had to memorize one movement everyday........but fortunately, i have 1.5 movement to go ..... i thought i have good memory but when it comes to piano music...it is more of a muscle memory thing, because everyhing has to be instant...and the hand has to move faster than the brain...so there is nothing much one can do about it except moving the hand for hours until you dont have to think about where you are placing and moving to


i think i was at school at around 2pm..and when i finally felt the pain in my hand and could no longer go on, i looked at my cell and it was 10..that was 8 hours. i allowed myself to go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe~~
see, "good job!!!"
your prof. still consider you are the metarial.
Rock everyone on Tuesday and Thursday proformances ba !!
gun ba day ^_^

Anonymous said...

how is your days there?
don't forgot to update your blog here ah

Anonymous said...

Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this article is awesome, great written and include approximately all important
infos. I would like to see more posts like this .

my web blog ... french love story

Anonymous said...

Hello! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading through your posts.
Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics?
Many thanks!

my web blog free sex vitios